Umbrella InsuranceUnfortunately some applications don’t lend themselves to allowing you to start your quote online and in some cases it doesn’t really allow information gathering. So it is with umbrella liability coverage. The fastest and easiest way to get a quote for umbrella coverage is to call us at 1-877-784-6787. HOWEVER, before you pick up that line, please gather a few documents, and have some information on hand. Oh yeah…first things first, you need a primary liability policy on your stuff from a reputable insurer. There are limits this isn’t a policy that combines everything; it just increases your liability limits to protect you from the lurking lawsuits. Remember, there are only two kinds of people in this world, “Those that have been sued, and those that will be soon…” or at least that’s what a lawyer friend of mine said. Some friend.

  1. Contact Info – Simple stuff like name, address, phone, email
  2. Homeowners Insurance Policy – Before looking for an umbrella policy, make sure your liability limits are sufficient on your primary policy. You will need at least $300,000 in liability on any homeowners insurance policy for rental property insurance policy
  3. Auto insurance Policy – Again, you will need you primary limits to at least have $250,000/$500,000/$250,000 on your primary policy. You will also need to count up the number of autos and motorcycles you have on these policies, drivers under the age of 21 or over the age of 89, and ANY Major violations any driver may have.
  4. Toy insurance policies – yep your toys, things like Watercraft, Jet Skis, Golf Carts, and RVs. You will at least need $300,000 in liability if they are owned by you personally. Enjoying that tax write off? That’s okay, but if your business owns the toys you will need at least $500,000 of liability on your primary liability policy. We will also need to know how many of these toys you have.
  5. Business Property Policy – How many rentals do you own? Do you own any apartments? We can cover up to 30 units on this Umbrella policy. Own any commercial property, or vacant land as a business? We need to know. Not everything is eligible for coverage, BUT in many cases coverage can be provided. You will need at least $1,000,000 in primary liability coverage on these exposures.
  6. Business Auto Policy – Don’t think that just because it’s in a business name they won’t come after you personally, they will. We will need to know how many autos you own in your business and how many trucks you have. Also, the number of driver’s and the number of major violations each has. You will need at least $1,000,000 in primary liability coverage on your commercial (business) auto policy.

If you have these on hand a quote will take you just a few minutes, call us today at 1-877-784-6787.