As you build your investment team, everyone knows about getting a lender, a real estate agent, a property manager, etc. But far too many people forget about adding an insurance broker to their team. Yet getting the right insurance broker on your team is important, the loan officer will require an insurance policy, and there is no need to hold up the process for insurance.
Having an insurance broker who knows your business can ensure that you have the right coverage to protect your assets, and can communicate important information to the insurance company. For example, if you have a buy and hold strategy, your exposure to liability can increase dramatically as you add new properties. The more assets you hold the more you have to loose. Ensuring you have an umbrella policy with sufficient limits is important in protecting those assets.
Or, if you have a fix and flip business, working with a broker that understands that you may have some building materials around the house, as you rehab it, can make a difference. Because your policy can be cancelled if that kind of information isn’t communicated to the insurance company. Team members that know your business make a difference. Plus there are a few other things that set us apart.
- We represent multiple companies. Who cares?! You should, because multiple companies helps you get the coverage you need. Not every company has great rates. You have probably noticed that insurance prices go up, which sends you off to find another company. But why should you have to find a new insurance team member? We represent multiple companies so that we can get you a policy that fits your needs and ensures you get the right coverage at a price that won’t kill your profit.
- We have unique products. What products?
- 10+ – if you have more than 10 investments we can simplify your life significantly AND save you tons of money.
- Flood -How is flood unique? Well, our program is underwritten by Lloyds of London, NOT the US Government. That means better coverage, more flexibility, and NO ELEVATION REPORTS.
- Umbrella Coverage – Chances are if you are sued a standard policy doesn’t provide sufficient liability coverage. Umbrella coverage not only provides that coverage, but will also fill in some gaps that your standard policy does not cover.
- We are committed to you, the investor. We got into this market because we love real estate. However, we are also insurance nerds. Ours was a match made in heaven. But beyond that, we strongly feel that if you are investing properly you need an insurance person on your team–someone who understands your needs, and who specializes in covering your investments. Its true, if you want us to insure your home, auto, and sell you a life insurance policy, that’s not us. Truth is, if you are doing this right, you need to hold your properties in LLCs completely detached from your personal assets, and you should be insuring your investments with someone who understands them.